Ryan Seacrest Takes Over Wheel Of Fortune

(Rightallegiance.com) – Ryan Seacrest is gearing up to take on the iconic role of host for “Wheel of Fortune,” replacing the legendary Pat Sajak. With Sajak having been at the helm since 1982, alongside co-host Vanna White, Seacrest acknowledges the significant legacy he’s stepping into.

“I’ve got giant shoes to fill,” the 49-year-old television veteran admitted, “but the key is not to change what works.” In an interview with “Good Morning America,” Seacrest emphasized the importance of preserving the show’s winning formula. “All I need to do is keep it moving,” he shared. “All we need to do is have fun every night, and I think if that happens, this show will continue for a long time.”

Seacrest is no stranger to stepping into big shoes. He previously took over hosting duties for “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,” another American television staple. Reflecting on his transition into the “Wheel of Fortune” role, he drew parallels to his experience taking over for Dick Clark. “It’s out of body for me,” he confessed. “To have watched Vanna and Pat, and what they’ve built with audiences across this country… it is a very special thing that just doesn’t exist anywhere else.”

To prepare for the role, Seacrest has gone to great lengths. “I’ve watched endless episodes of Pat and Vanna on ‘Wheel of Fortune,'” he said. “We’ve played mock ‘Wheel of Fortune’ games in many cities across America, depending on where I am, on conference tables, in meeting rooms.” His preparation has included makeshift wheels and contestants, aiming to perfect the gameplay, timing, and pacing that have made the show a success for decades. “Hopefully it all pays off,” he added.

Seacrest’s announcement as the new host came in June 2023, following Sajak’s retirement. In a statement at the time, Seacrest expressed his deep respect for the departing host. “I’m truly humbled to be stepping into the footsteps of the legendary Pat Sajak,” he said. “It’s been a privilege and pure joy to watch Pat and Vanna on our television screens for an unprecedented 40 years.” Seacrest’s excitement is tempered by a desire to honor Sajak’s legacy. “Pat, I love the way you’ve always celebrated the contestants and made viewers at home feel at ease. I look forward to learning everything I can from you during this transition.”

Sajak’s final episode of “Wheel of Fortune” aired on June 7, marking the end of an era. However, fans can look forward to one last appearance when Sajak returns to host “Celebrity Wheel of Fortune” on October 7 for his final farewell.